NewDMN Training - Make decisions manageable
(Business) decisions are omnipresent and have to be made every day. They control business processes, thus influencing business success.
Using the Decision Model and Notation (DMN) of the Object Management Group (OMG) there is for the first time a standardized notation to depict decisions in a understandable way for all persons involved and therefore to close the gap from designing the decision up to their execution.
At the end of the course you will be able to depict decisions by using the Decision Model and Notation (DMN). You can display the individual components of your decision graphically using the Decision Requirements Diagram (DRD) and your decision logic using decision tables. Additionally, you are able to establish the bridge to the business rule task in the Business Process Model and Notation 2 (BPMN 2) to complete your modeled business processes and to make it executable. You will be able to model DMN in Innovator.
Course contents/Methodology/Target group
- Introduction to Decision Model and Notation (DMN)
- Represent decision features with the Decision Requirements Diagram
- Represent decision logic with decision tables
- Represent decision logic with the decision Expression Language (FEEL) in a machine readable manner
- Link the Decision Model and Notation with the Business Process Model and Notation
- Model your decisions in Innovator
Lecture with discussion, individual and group exercises
Business analysts, business architects, process modelers, process managers, project managers, workflow designers
- Basic knowledge of Process Management
- Basic knowledge of BPMN 2
Innovator for Business Analysts – Advanced Course in Technical Detail
This course will teach you all relevant modeling methods in Innovator for Business Analysts so that you can add all IT requirements to your processes.
Process Modeling with BPMN in IT
This course will teach you how to use BPMN for modeling technical flows.